When Life Coaching was first suggested to me, I said “I don’t need a Life Coach! I know what I want.” Three months later I finally admitted to myself that although I might have known what I wanted, I wasn’t any closer to getting it. I was stressed, overwhelmed, and burrowing further into a hole, instead of climbing out. Every time I started to think about the things I wanted to change, the things that made me unhappy, I ended up more depressed and less inclined to actually do something about it. I realized that I could not do it alone, and I reached out to Eric at Bifrost Initiative.
From our first meeting, I knew that Eric would be someone I could trust, as well as someone I could talk to about all aspects of my life. He explained his style, and we talked about what I wanted to change, and what I expected from working with him. Eric worked with me to figure out measurable goals, and to find a way to approach the changes I wanted to make in manageable steps. I’ve been working with him for two years now, and I still find a LOT of value in our meetings.
These are some of the changes I’ve made in my life since I started working with Eric:
1) I’ve lowered my resting heart rate through exercise and a routine that works for me and makes me feel GOOD.
2) I’m eating healthier without feeling deprived, or stressed about meal planning.
3) I’ve made huge improvements to my living space, that make me feel comfortable, safe, and less weighted down.
4) I’ve changed jobs. I’m treated with appreciation and respect when I go to work every day.
5) I’m able to manage last-minute changes and stressful situations without riding an emotional roller coaster, because I plan ahead, and am not constantly feeling overwhelmed.
Working with Eric at Bifrost Initiative has definitely changed my life for the better. I feel proud of the work I have done. I feel stronger, both physically and emotionally, and I’ve learned how to HELP MYSELF climb out of that dark hole.